I like to informally call this one the “bachelorette” potato omelette. You just mix a few simple ingredients together, and in no time, you have a filling & tasty breakfast for one. Of course, it’s suitable for bachelors as well.
- 1 small irish potato, cubed
- 1 egg
- ½ cup warm milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp green seasoning
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp baking powder pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Boil potato in salted water for 5 minutes or until cooked. Drain & set aside.
- Blend together egg, milk, salt, green seasoning, pepper, flour and baking powder.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan. Pour in the liquid mixture.
- Evenly distribute the potato on top of batter.
- Cook on low heat for 3 minutes, moving around the pan to ensure the edges of the omelette cook well. When the batter sets and the potato is clinging to the omelette, flip with a spatula & cook the other side for 2 minutes.
Flip back when serving. It goes well with ketchup.